By D. Robinson
This definitive paintings mixes case legislation, public coverage, financial procedure, and examines the big variety of concerns dealing with efforts to enhance the yankee economic climate, to demonstrate how fiscal progress is pushed via robust public-private partnerships, and the way winning development techniques from the kingdom and native point function to develop jobs.
Read Online or Download Economic Development from the State and Local Perspective: Case Studies and Public Policy Debates PDF
Best microeconomics books
The methods monetary analysts, investors, and different experts use info and examine from one another are of basic value to knowing how markets paintings and costs are set. This graduate-level textbook analyzes how markets mixture details and examines the affects of particular industry arrangements--or microstructure--on the aggregation approach and performance of monetary markets.
This publication promotes strong possibility governance and hazard administration practices to company managers, executives, and administrators anyplace they function all over the world. the foremost company scandals have their roots in governance failure pointing to the hyperlink among threat governance and strong functionality results.
- Besonderheiten bei der Bewertung von KMU: Planungsplausibilisierung, Steuern, Kapitalisierung
- Analysis of Financial Time Series (Wiley Series in Probability and Statistics - Applied Probability and Statistics Section Series)
- On Economic Inequality (Radcliffe Lectures)
- Risk Management, Volume 1: A Modern Perspective
- Global Business Management (Innovative Business Textbooks)
Additional resources for Economic Development from the State and Local Perspective: Case Studies and Public Policy Debates
5. What are the limits of the benefits of strategic economic development planning? Class Writing Assignment What economic theory do you think works? Where do you draw the line with government involvement? Should we just trust the marketplace or should government play a larger role in economic development? Write a 500-word op-ed story on which economic theory you believe is needed to achieve wealth creation. Additional Reading A Blueprint for Propelling a New Economic Development Direction for Michigan, Small Business Association of Michigan, prepared by Public Policy Associates, Incorporated, October 2010.
Silicon Valley Is the Technology-Based Economic Development Model The birth of the computer launched the beginning of the Information Age and the creation of technology-based economic development. Commercializing research and development is big business for companies large and small. 30 High-tech jobs also are high-wage jobs. A regional technology-based economy centers around the creation of jobs and companies in the science, technology, engineering, and math fields (STEM). 31 Silicon Valley is the unquestioned “King” of technology-based economic development.
Many urban centers are rightly focused on their constituents, receiving quality social services and gaining access to area jobs. However, if the streets are not safe and the schools are not producing quality workers, no company will stay or locate in the region. It takes a broad, holistic economic development plan to make it all work. The balance of this book is about implementing effective economic development strategies to encourage wealth creation. That link between strategy and wealth creation is a key to regions and states succeeding in the twenty-first century or shrinking and collapsing into economic chaos.
Economic Development from the State and Local Perspective: Case Studies and Public Policy Debates by D. Robinson