By R. Douglas Collins
The maze of neuroanatomy, symptomatology, and neurologic syndromes should be formidable to the first care practitioner. sufferers are usually fast observed a expert or subjected to various dear diagnostic tests.
With this transparent and sensible reference, you are going to handle the demanding situations of neurologic prognosis and administration on the fundamental care level—with undemanding illustrated tips on neuroanatomy, actual exam, the neurologic workup, diagnostic checks, differential prognosis, and remedy options.
Begin your trip from complexity to clarity.
- In-depth coverage addresses various normally encountered neurologic issues, displaying you what to seem for, what exams to reserve, and the way the consequences impact your therapy choices.
- Abundant, colourful illustrations assist you comprehend serious neuroanatomy and realize clinically major anomalies.
- Synopses of etiology, analysis, and treatment for every affliction provide the info you want to comprehend and handle the patient's problem.
- Differential prognosis of neurologic indicators and signs are addressed, including the work-up of every symptom and sign—all prepared in alphabetical order for simple reference.
- Case studies carry the ailments to lifestyles by means of highlighting salient positive aspects to assist hone your actual exam and diagnostic skills.
- Useful appendices define extra certain exam options, laboratory workup for neurologic signs, and therapy directions for every disease.
- Thorough references consultant you to assets that deal with infrequent problems and debatable diagnostic systems now not lined within the text.
- Handy glossary offers a fingertip connection with common terms.
Before you overview your subsequent patient...be convinced this critical reference is on your fingers. Order your replica today!
Read Online or Download Atlas of neurologic diagnosis and treatment PDF
Similar diagnosis books
The necessity for evidence-based judgements that take account of either effectiveness and economics is bigger now than ever. utilizing case reviews and illustrative examples during the authors describe how the actions and outputs of proof synthesis, systematic overview, financial research and decision-making engage inside and throughout assorted spheres of well-being and social coverage and perform.
Unrelieved continual discomfort is a global epidemic persistent ache has been topic to a number of overseas tasks during the international well-being association. Interventional soreness drugs, using minimally invasive ideas to alleviate ache, is the easiest procedure whilst less complicated measures equivalent to actual treatment or medicinal drugs fail.
Bone Metastases brings jointly the various contemporary advancements which are progressively enhancing the customers for sufferers with secondary involvement of the skeleton in a first-rate melanoma somewhere else. The morbidity from bone metastases is wide, and the palliative and supportive remedy that victims require for plenty of months or maybe years constitutes a massive ailment.
Tested in 1982 because the prime reference on electroencephalography, Drs. Niedermeyer's and Lopes da Silva's textual content is now in its completely up-to-date 5th variation. a world staff of specialists presents finished insurance of the neurophysiologic and technical features of EEG, evoked potentials, and magnetoencephalography, in addition to the scientific purposes of those experiences in neonates, babies, kids, adults, and older adults.
- Chamberlain's Symptoms and Signs in Clinical Medicine: An Introduction to Medical Diagnosis
- Aspergillosis: from diagnosis to prevention
- Cystic Fibrosis: Diagnosis and Protocols, Volume II: Methods and Resources to Understand Cystic Fibrosis
- The physical examination: An atlas for general practice
- Modelling, State Observation and Diagnosis of Quantised Systems
- Syringomyelia: Diagnosis and Treatment
Extra resources for Atlas of neurologic diagnosis and treatment
Drug use or abuse? Many prescription drugs may induce partial or complete impotence. These include antihypertensive drugs such as beta-blockers, methyldopa, and guanethidine, as well as the tricyclic antidepressants and benzodiazepines such as diazepine. Almost any prescription drug with sedative effects may cause impotence. Impotence is also caused by nicotine and narcotics and other illegal drugs. 4. Diabetes? Diabetic neuropathy is a frequent cause of impotence. 5. Anxiety or depression? Most cases of impotence are a result of a psychological disorder.
Peyronie's disease may cause painful erections and thus lead to impotence. 5. Hyperactive or pathologic reflexes? Look for multiple sclerosis or a spinal cord or brainstem disorder. 6. Hypoactive reflexes and sensory loss? Look for peripheral neuropathy, tabes dorsalis, or pernicious anemia. 7. Poor pulses in the lower extremities? Consider Leriche syndrome or peripheral arteriosclerosis. Diagnostic Workup 1. Urine drug screen (drug intoxication) 2. Urinalysis and urine culture (urinary tract infection) 3.
Gradual onset? Suspect a space-occupying lesion or degenerative disorder. 3. Trauma? Suspect an epidural, subdural, or intracerebral hematoma. 4. Fever? Look for encephalitis or brain abscess. 5. Chronic alcoholism? Look for Korsakoff's psychosis. 6. Dementia? Consider Alzheimer's disease, Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease, Pick's disease, herpes encephalitis, or Korsakoff's psychosis. 7. Episodic attacks? Consider transient ischemic attack, epilepsy, or migraine. On physical examination, is there: 1. Papilledema?
Atlas of neurologic diagnosis and treatment by R. Douglas Collins