By Paul Deitel
The pro programmer’s Deitel® consultant to cellphone and capsule app improvement utilizing Android™ 6 and Android Studio Billions of apps were downloaded from Google Play™! This ebook supplies every little thing you want to begin constructing nice apps fast and getting them released on Google Play™. The ebook makes use of an app-driven approach–each new know-how is mentioned within the context of 8 absolutely coded and established Android apps, whole with syntax shading, code highlighting, code walkthroughs and pattern outputs. Apps you’ll enhance contain:
- Welcome App
- Cannon online game
- Tip Calculator
- climate Viewer
- Flag Quiz
- Twitter® Searches
- deal with Book
Practical, Example-Rich assurance of:
- Android 6, Android Studio: Gradle™, Vector Asset Studio, subject matter Editor
- Material layout App Templates and Themes
- AppCompat Library, Android layout aid Library, RecyclerView, FloatingActionButton, TextInputLayout
- Material layout Elevation and Icons
- REST internet Services/JSON, Threading, SQLite™ Database, Android 6 Permissions
- Cursors, Loaders, ContentProviders
- Supporting quite a few display Sizes/Resolutions
- Accessibility, Internationalization
- Activities, Fragments, Intents, Preferences
- GUIs, Layouts, Menus, source documents, occasions, Touch/Gesture Processing, photos, Audio, pics, Animation
- Immersive Mode, PrintHelper
- Google Play™ shop, App Publishing, Pricing, advertising, In-App ads, In-App Billing, digital items and more
- Download code examples
- For information on Deitel’s Dive Into® sequence programming education classes, stopover at www.deitel.com/training or write to email@example.com
- Follow the Deitels on Facebook® at facebook.com/DeitelFan, Twitter® at @deitel, Google+™ at google.com/+DeitelFan, LinkedIn® at bit.ly/DeitelLinkedIn, YouTube™ at youtube.com/DeitelTV
- Subscribe to the Deitel ® Buzz e-mail e-newsletter at www.deitel.com/newsletter/ subscribe.html
About This ebook
The first-generation Android telephones have been published in October 2008. As of June 2015, Android had 82.8% of the worldwide phone marketplace percentage, in comparison to 13.9% for Apple and 2.6% for Microsoft (http:// www.idc.com/prodserv/smartphone-os-market-share.jsp). Billions of apps were downloaded from Google Play and multiple billion Android units have been shipped all over the world in 2014 (http://www.cnet.com/news/android-shipments-exceed- 1-billion-for-first-time-in-2014/). The possibilities for Android app builders are enormous.
This booklet provides modern computing applied sciences for pro software program builders. on the center of the booklet is the Deitel app-driven approach–concepts are provided within the context of entire operating Android apps, instead of utilizing code snippets. The advent and app attempt drives before everything of every bankruptcy express a number of pattern executions. The book’s resource code is offered at http://www.deitel.com/books/AndroidFP3.
The apps during this ebook have been rigorously designed to introduce you to key Android gains and APIs. You’ll quick research every thing you must commence development Android apps–beginning with a test-drive of the top Calculator app in bankruptcy 1, then construction one new app in each one of Chapters 2 via nine. by the point you achieve bankruptcy 10, you’ll have the capacity to create your individual apps for submission to Google Play and different app marketplaces. You’ll grasp the Google Play submission procedure, together with importing your apps. You’ll make a decision no matter if to promote your apps or provide them at no cost, and how you can marketplace them through social media and monetize them with in-app ads, in-app billing, digital items and more.
Read Online or Download Android 6 for Programmers: An App-Driven Approach PDF
Best tablets & e-readers books
With a wealthy set of over 1,000 new APIs, iPhone SDK for iPhone OS three presents an grand diversity of applied sciences to augment the performance of iPhone and iPod contact purposes. This booklet takes an introductory examine Objective-C and Cocoa ahead of relocating directly to the instruments you will use to create iPhone functions.
Research whatever new instantly! a quick, quickly, concentrated consultant providing instant effects. find out how to write apps that paintings on any Android model able to use code to resolve any compatibility factor Get hands-on with the most important factor that faces Android builders.
The best-selling, simplest, step by step, complete advisor to securing your place or enterprise Android cell and pill. thoroughly revised and up to date for Android five (Lollipop). legitimate workbook for the sensible Paranoia: protection necessities Workshop. Designed for either workshop use and self-study. the full workshop is contained in the booklet.
- iOS Components and Frameworks Understanding the Advanced Features of iOS SDK
- iPhone and iPad Apps Marketing: Secrets to Selling Your iPhone and iPad Apps (2nd Edition) (Que Biz-Tech)
- The Complete Guide to Google Android
- IPhone SDK 3 programming : advanced mobile development for Apple iPhone and iPod touch
- Sams Teach Yourself Swift in 24 Hours
- Sams Teach Yourself Swift in 24 Hours
Extra info for Android 6 for Programmers: An App-Driven Approach
In addition, Google introduced new APIs that are developed separately from Android platform versions: 10 Chapter 1 Introduction to Android • Google Cloud Messaging—a cross-platform solution that enables developers to deliver messages to devices • Google Play Services—a set of APIs for incorporating Google functionality into your apps. html Feature Description Android Beam Enhanced to enable communication via Bluetooth in addition to NFC. Create widgets that appear on the user’s screen when the device is locked, or modify your existing home-screen widgets so that they’re also visible when the device is locked.
A quick refresher of object-technology concepts. ■ Key software for Android app development, including the Android SDK, the Java SDK and the Android Studio Integrated Development Environment (IDE). ■ Important Android documentation. ■ Test-driving an Android tip-calculator app in Android Studio. ■ Characteristics of great Android apps. 1 Introduction Welcome to Android app development! We hope that working with Android 6 for Programmers: An App-Driven Approach will be an informative, challenging, entertaining and rewarding experience for you.
NFC can be used for payments (for example, touching your NFCenabled Android device to a payment device on a soda machine), exchanging data such as contacts and pictures, pairing devices and accessories and more. , tablets), such as a redesigned keyboard for more efficient typing, a visually appealing 3D user interface, easier navigation between screens within an app and more. , enabling an app to determine if there are any connected devices such as headphones or a keyboard) • and an animation framework for animating user-interface or graphics objects.
Android 6 for Programmers: An App-Driven Approach by Paul Deitel